General Enrollment Information:
Welcome to the Wilson County Schools Online Application for Student Enrollment!
The information reported in this packet will become part of your child's cumulative school record. Student record information will not be released to third parties or used for purposes other than routine daily and/or emergency contact needs without the knowledge or permission of parents, legal guardians, or students who have passed their eighteenth birthday, except in accordance with the law.
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student in Wilson County Schools. Proof of Guardianship can include a birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.
Remember to inform school staff of any special needs your student may have (504 Plan, IEP, AIG, special health care needs, special education, etc.)
All applications will be processed electronically and checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your application not being processed and/or denied.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Wilson County Schools Online Student Enrollment Information:
We would like to welcome you and your child to Wilson County Schools! Please read through the information below to identify the documents required for enrollment. Complete all forms within this online packet in order to ensure a prompt enrollment for your child.
- Completed Online Enrollment
- Copy of the student's Birth Certificate
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record
- NC Health Assessment
- Proof of Residency
- Guardian ID
- Residency Affidavit (if needed) - For use when guardian name is not on the lease or property tax.
As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
If you should need any help with the registration process, please contact the school. A Data Manager will be glad to assist you!
CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- If a certified birth certificate is not presented within 30 calendar days of enrollment, the student shall be excluded from school until the certificate is presented.
UP-TO-DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.
- By law, this must be received within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- If documentation is not presented within 30 calendar days, the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented.
NC HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- Due the first day of school
- Must be signed by a license physician
- You can find a copy of the form HERE. Spanish version available HERE.
- Valid Photo ID - drivers license, state identification, passport, or military ID
PROOF OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S RESIDENCE IN WILSON COUNTY
Only students who physically reside within the boundaries of Wilson County and non-resident students who have obtained approval from the School Board may legally attend Wilson County Schools.
Items that may be used for Proof of Residency. Each must indicate the street or road address location of residence:
- Property Tax Records
- Copy of the mortgage document or deed of the property, or copy of a residential lease
- Copy of current utility bill (electric, gas, water or cable)
- Copy of voter registration
- Copy of automobile registration
- Affidavit by designated school district official verifying street or road address based on a personal visit.
MOST RECENT REPORT CARD OR TRANSCRIPT
- Report Card grades K-13
- Transcript grades 9-13
- For transfers within WCS Only
LEGAL CUSTODY PAPERS (if applicable)
Wilson County Schools
117 NE Tarboro Street
Wilson, NC 27894
Phone: (252) 399-7700
For Technical Support Contact:
Phone: (855) 465-1458
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM